Here are some suggestions for helping improve the slowness you are experiencing on the WebRADWorklist:
- Clear your browser cache, browsing history including Cookies. Cookies can be a problem on DVMINSIGHT. When we update the site we don’t force a cookie clear on our clients. As a result any page that contains a cookie enabled control can get “stuck”.
- Use Chrome instead of Safari. Some users have complained recently that Safari is “hanging” on pages, but when that same user logs in via FireFox/Chrome/Internet Explorer, they don’t encounter the same issue. We’ve moved some readers off Safari completely and they’ve not had issues since.
- Use the Reader Logout Trick. This forces the server to destroy your current session and move you into a new one:
- Log into your worklist, then immediately navigate to this URL: http://www.dvminsight.com/logout.aspx
- Close your browser windows
- Open a NEW browser session (On a Mac this means you must Quit Safari/Chrome and start the program again).
- Don’t hit refresh multiple times in a row. Each time you hit refresh you’re asking the server for new data. Hit it three times in a row and you’re asking it to refresh three times… thus taking three times as long, or crashing out the script.
Other things you can do:
- Reboot you computer. Memory fragmentation is a common issue in MAC and PC users. Reboots fix this.
- Reboot your wireless. This doesn’t’ always help; we usually recommend people stay wired when using QR/DICOM sends. Why? Because a dropped wireless will not self-correct on DICOM functions. You risk losing your transmission and having to start over. This applies to readers, and clients sending images. Reboots help you keep the strongest signal and will change signal channels if needed to avoid interference from other access points, cell phones, other computers.
- Reboot your modem. This is especially for DSL users. These modems have a tendency to desync over time making their connections slower and slower.
Please give these tips a try if you are still having issues, please Submit a ticket, letting us know all the steps completed and the results and we will assist you.